Growing Borax Crystals
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
August 6, 2019
Here are some beautiful crystals made with borax. Instead of buying crystals, you can make your own in all shapes, sizes, and designs. You could even use some as decor. Patience is needed as it will take 2 days to form into crystals, but it's a fun process to document and watch!
Total Time: 2 days
Yield: As many as you want to make!
- pipe cleaners
- glass Jars
- Prep the pipe cleaners into your desired shape/object or letters that you would like your crystal to form.
- Example #1: You could a bend pipe cleaner into names. If you run out of pipe cleaner just tie together and continue like pictured.
- Example #2: You could bend pipe cleaners into fun shapes or designs.
- With the shapes, you will need to attach a string from the shape to a pencil (in the center) to sit over jar.
- With letters since there is extra pipe cleaner, you could wrap the pipe cleaner around the pencil (in the center) to sit over jar.
- Time to make your borax solution. This is a trial and error step. For every cup of water, add about 3-4 tablespoons of borax. Stir together until the water becomes clear and the borax is dissolved.
- Pour the solution into a jar and cover with Saran Wrap.
- Find a safe spot to place your jars and wait until crystals start to form!
- Once ready, carefully take your crystals out! Place on paper towels. Discard Saran Wrap.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.