Hamster's Belly Looks Swollen?

I'm not sure if maybe I have never noticed, or that my hamster is just a bit chubby, but I am really worried about the size of his stomach. My hamster's stomach looks really swollen and I don't know what's going on. After taking the pictures I also noticed he seems to have a pretty dark belly which is something I also have never noticed.

I would like to say that he's about two years old, maybe a little older. He's still active like usual and I don't see any change in behavior. I'm very sorry about the blurry pictures. I swear he doesn't hate me and always crawls up onto my hand when he can, he doesn't like to sit still while on his back, but it's the only way I would be able to show you decently. Please help.

Best Answer

There are several reasons this one could happen. Your hamster could be constipated. You should try putting him in a clean box with some paper towels and watch him. In a few hours you should see some pee and poop in the box. If you are not then you need to try and feed him some greens and a small piece of apple to try and get him to poop again. I don't really think it is a tumor but it is also possible this could be the case. In small rodents like this tumors are always a possibility especially in the females.

Best Answer

A year and a half old is elderly for a hamster. So other things need to be considered. It will take a Vet to give you a definitive answer.

He may have a infection. The infection will need to get looked at by a Vet , and checked for any other problems .

Anonymous

Could be a tumor , or backed up potty or a girl going to have babies

🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Hamsters-Belly-Looks-Swollen.html