I Love You Toddler Artwork
This unique card has a surprise in store for the recipient. When the smaller heart is placed inside the large one it reveals a special piece of artwork. It is a fun project for kids of all ages and makes a great gift.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My 2 year old toddler decorated this heart card - it is the perfect craft that makes two gifts, one for grandma, one for grandpa! This could be for any occasion not just Valentine's Day, give it for Grandparents Day, Christmas, Missing You, or just because! What's special about this card is when you put both pieces together you could see how the artwork turned out!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 cards
- crayon, marker (used tempera paint pencils)
- You will need to cut two hearts the same size. Then on one heart, you will cut a smaller heart from the center.
- Place the open heart over the solid heart.
- Hold the papers in position while your toddler paints their artwork with crayons or markers. We used the Pencil Grip Kwik Stix Solid Tempera Paint it is less messy than regular paint and dries quickly - perfectly for younger toddlers!
- Once your toddler is completed with their artwork, you'll have two cards! Feel free to write any greeting whether it may be for Valentine's Day, as a Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparents, Birthday, or just because! Makes two awesome card gifts to give!