Creating Quilts With Kids Artwork

Category Ideas
Quilting is such a versatile craft; you can incorporate your children's artwork into a quilt for you, grandparents, or a favorite teacher. This is a guide about creating quilts with kids artwork.

When I learn of a new grandchild to be born, it's tradition for me to make the expected one a baby quilt. I like to embroider, so I try to find pictures or transfers that I can put on a quilt-block and embroider. Recently, my 4 year old grandson drew a picture of himself and me, and I got to thinking that it would be a very nice picture for his little brother or sister that is expected in the spring. I am going to ask him and his 7 year old brother to draw a couple more pictures for me, and transfer them to quilt-blocks for the new baby.

Here is the picture that Steven drew for me; I will post a picture of the quilt when I get it finished. (Notice the blue hair? Steven knows that blue is my favorite color, hehehe!)

By Carole from Locust Fork, AL

Anonymous

What an absolutely lovely idea! And how sweet that 'Grama's' hair is blue ;-) Yes, please do share a photo of the quilt with us when you're done :-)

How do you transfer the pictures to the quilt squares? I would like to try that. Thanks

I would also like to know how to transfer the pictures to quilt squares. pink2teach AT yahoo.com

what a great idea..I quiilt some and may try this also..how do you transfer this oonto the material?? if you'd like you could email me..to share your talents..djcats#sbcglobal.net..thanks,debbie