Ideas for 4th Birthday Party

My daughter is having a party and her friends do not like what she likes. Please give us some ideas to liven up her day. Thank you.

By Jannet B. from Rugby, Warwickshire

Forget about having a theme party. My opinion is 4 years is awfully young to be having parties, other than with family members. My daughters each had two, one for their 10th birthday and one when they were 16. There was no theme to them. They played a few games(pin the tail on the donkey, etc.) for the 10th party and it was just the girls in her class from school. For the 16th party, it was boys and girls from the church youth group(about 8) and they played Christian type word games and board games and invited myself and younger daughter to join in. Both parties were in the basement family room and there was no special decorations or anything. Just buy some pretty pastel colored paper plates, napkins, and glasses, and have a few balloons for decoration and have games like pin the tail on the donkey. Kids parties are really getting to be outrageously expensive because of people thinking they need to have a theme.

I had the same problem. The best idea I came up with was having her party at McDonalds. I paid 30.00 for 10 kids. They reserve tables in the play area for the party. They set up the tables with treat bags, place mats, crowns, all different kinds of stuff. They serve a cake which is really good. And the price includes feeding the 10 kids from the Happy Meal menu. Adults have to pay for their own food but those kids had a wonderful time. It's usually a 2 hour event. And, I didn't have to clean up. You also have your own hostess to take care of everything. Best idea I came up with for her.

Hope this helps.

You don't say how old. If she is older than preschool, find different friends. Just plain fun things, outdoor stuff, chalk, bubbles, sand box, etc. Doggie and bone was the party goers to my kids' favorite. Also when I was a kid at parties! And a quiet game at that! Item under the chair of blindfolded person. All others have to take turns sneaking up to take it without being caught. It must be guessed who took it. Having only boys, this was a quiet game to settle kids down.