Jelly Bean Chicks
These cute little chicks are made from plastic bags of candy topped with a yellow pom pom. This is a page about making jelly bean chicks.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Create these cute chicks to hold jelly beans or other Easter candy. Give as gifts or add to your child's Easter basket.
Approximate Time: About 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup jelly beans or other candy
- plastic sandwich bag
- large yellow pom pom
- yellow craft foam
- wiggly eyes
- orange felt or craft foam
- chenille stem
- small pom poms
- craft glue
- Pour candy into sandwich bag. Gather candy (jelly beans work best) into one corner of the bag and twist chenille stem snugly around the bag.
- Trim the top of the bag, above the chenille stem, to about 1/2 inch. Fan out the top of the bag and glue large yellow pom pom inside the fanned out top.
- Cut 3 hearts from yellow foam. Glue 2 to bottom of bag for the feet.
- Cut the third heart in half to form the chick's wings. Glue these to the sides of the bag (rounded side facing upward).
- Glue wiggly eyes to front of pom pom head.
- Cut a small triangle from orange felt or foam and glue just below eyes.
- Using scissors, trim the chenille stem to about 2-3 inches each. Fold each side of the chenille stem in toward the center to resemble a bow tie. Glue small pom pom to center of bow tie.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.