Keeping Ants Out My Dog's Food Bowl

I used to have problems with ants in the dog bowl until I tried this: Wash the area where the bowl was with soapy water. This destroys the ant trail scent. Ants will come back to where the food was. Move food bowl away from this area as much as possible. Fill food bowl with dog food then place bowl into a shallow cake pan filled with water. This will act as a moat and deter ants. Works great! No more ants.

By Paula from GA

Answers:

Keeping Ants Out My Dog's Food Bowl

A simple chalk circle drawn around the dog food bowl will keep out the ants. Just redraw whenever necessary. (08/17/2007)

By DUCKIE43

Keeping Ants Out My Dog's Food Bowl

What a good idea. I will have to try it. Thanks. 08/22/2007)

Keeping Ants Out My Dog's Food Bowl

Vaseline around the sides of the bowl. Ants won't cross it! (08/26/2007)

By friend

Keeping Ants Out My Dog's Food Bowl

The moat of water won't work for me. The ants in my house can swim - I live in CA. A couple of times I put a dirty bowl full of water within another dirty bowl full of water in the sink. I've seen the ants climb up the outer bowl, swim across the water and then climb up the side of the inner bowl so that they can eat food stuck on the rim. Wet dish soap kills ants, but they still come back. I would try another remedy. (08/27/2007)

By Aja

Keeping Ants Out My Dog's Food Bowl

I have dogs inside and out. I have no problem with ants inside, but use feeders outside. I have just recently started having "ant problems" in them. How do I keep them out of the feeders?

Thank you, BizzyBz. Picture shown is my seven month old female Boxer puppy, "Diamond." (09/02/2007)

By Bonnie Hamm

RE: Keeping Ants Out My Dog's Food Bowl

Keeping Ants Out My Dog's Food Bowl

I placed my dog's dish on a piece of newspaper and put a ring of coffee grounds around it (ants hate coffee),and so far it has worked. (09/04/2007)

By suzanne

Keeping Ants Out My Dog's Food Bowl

Put lemon juice around (outside) the bowl and clean out all the food that may be on the floor, near the bowl. It has worked so far! (12/01/2008)

By Nini

🌻
📓
🎂