Keeping Ants Out My Dog's Food Bowl

How do you keep ants out of dog food?

By evelyn from Hot Springs, AR

Answers:

Keeping Ants Out My Dog's Food Bowl

I put the dog's bowl inside another, larger bowl of water or a shallow tray filled with water. The ants won't go across the water and the one's in the food somehow leave. (04/29/2010)

By Maya Lee

Keeping Ants Out My Dog's Food Bowl

Ants will not cross Crisco. No other brand will work. You can keep ants away from hummingbird feeders by making a thick ring of Crisco around the pole the feeder is hanging from. With the dog, try making a ring of Crisco around the outside of the bowl and see if it works. I use it for the hummingbird feeders so I know it works for that. (04/29/2010)

By Lilac

Keeping Ants Out My Dog's Food Bowl

Be sure you wash your dog's dish after each time you feed it. When you put the dog's food down, if the dog doesn't eat it right away pick it up and try again later. Never leave dog food sitting out, or a dirty bowl on the ground. I am afraid if you use the Crisco method the dog may possibly lick up the Crisco, which isn't good for the dog. (05/03/2010)

By Danialle

🌻
📓
🎂