Kitchen Decor Craft Ideas

Category Kitchen
Put your creative talents and crafting skills to work to design and make unique kitchen decor projects. This is a guide about kitchen decor craft ideas.

Revamped stove eye covers.

Approximate Time: 1 hour

Instructions:

1. Sand the old covers.

2. Spray paint and let dry.

3. Stencil on your design or free hand, you can do any season or theme.

4. Paint the stencil, and let dry.

5. Seal, let dry and enjoy.

By Sandy from Bluff City, TN

My kitchen needed a re-do and money was tight. So, started looking around and found some old lattice pieces outside and my kitchen theme became "Outdoors indoors". We painted the cupboards hunter green and the lattice white, put green leaves on with shaped painting foam stamps. Cut to fit and spot glued them on the doors.

Used little clay pots for handles.

For the floor, we took an old piece of canvas tenting, painted it white, used masking tape to make "lattice" stripes , then painted over with green. A floor cloth to match my cupboards :0)

By Maggie from Bloomington, MN

This old cupboard was in the basement when I bought my house. I thought it had charm because it was made of car siding which happens to be pretty much in vogue. It was a dull brown so I set to revamping it. I decided to crackle it, using hide glue. (Crackling in this manner is an inexact way so you might like to use a kit or crackle medium instead of the glue) It now it has a place in my kitchen by my dining set. I love it now!

By Elaine from IA

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I painted the background with 2 coats of gloss paint. I used apple paints from craft store.

Next, I used Rub-Ons to put on the morning glory pictures over dipper gourd.

Then, I painted 2 more coats of the clear coat gloss paint and hung it up to dry.

By Sherry Hampton from Valdosta, GA

Morning Glory Dipper Gourd

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

I used the quote from a book I have and added my own graphics. I printed it out and put it in a frame over my kitchen sink. It looks so cute, I couldn't resist. Hope you like it.

Jenny in KY

Cow graphic and saying, framed for kitchen wall.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes