Liquid Dishwasher Detergent

If you prefer liquid detergent for your dishwasher, then this is for you! This is super inexpensive and easy to make. No more harsh chemicals, no more suds bubbles when you pour water into your clean cups. Cheaper and healthier, sounds good to me!

Total Time: a few minutes

Yield: a little over 3 cups

Source: Pinterest inspired

1. Add 3 cups hot water to a large bowl. Add your washing soda and castile soap.
  2. Mix well.
  3. Pour into a clean jar, I used a pickle jar.
  4. See how it tends to separate? Simply shake it every half hour or so for a couple hours and then before use in the dishwasher.
  5. Use 2 tablespoons per load. If you have hard water, you may want to add vinegar and coarse salt to the prewash to reduce film or water stains.
  6. Ad

7. Enjoy!

Top Comment

I will give this recipe a try as I am always interested in using less harsh chemicals in all of my cleaning. Do you find it cuts through grease like Dawn does? Just curious. Thanks, MB

Top Comment

MB Norton, yes, I washed 2 very greasy baking dishes in a recent load and they came out sparkling clean.:)