Making Meatball Clouds
September 23, 2015
A super simple, low cost appetizer or main dish for Sunday football parties!
Total Time: 40 minutes, including prep
Yield: 10 clouds
- 2 packages buttermilk biscuits (the small kind that come 10 in a box)
- 10 medium sized meatballs (any kind, I used leftover turkey meatballs)
- 5 pieces string cheese
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce, divided (I used Prego, any kind works)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- On a baking sheet, press out one container of biscuits until dough is flat, about one inch apart. Sprinkle garlic on the dough, add a meatball.
- Dice string cheese into 4 even pieces, add 2 pieces, one to each side of meatball.
- On the counter top, open the second package of dough, flatten out, then top each meatball creation with the second pocket of dough, pinching the edges.
- Repeat with 9 additional dough rounds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, broil for 2 to get nice browned look.
- Serve with 1/2 cup each of tomato sauce for dipping.
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
September 25, 20150 found this helpful
I am going to make this. Thanks for posting
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 167 Feedbacks
September 30, 20180 found this helpful
Are the meatballs precooked or do you insert then raw? If raw, 30 mins doesn't seem to be enough for poultry, e.g. Turkey, and the juices would impede the pastry from browning.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.