Making Mini Pumpkin Turkeys

Category Thanksgiving
Mini pumpkins make a great decoration for the fall holidays. Do them up with a head and feathers for a fun turkey project. This is a guide about making mini pumpkin turkeys.

After Halloween, I didn't want to throw away the mini pumpkin bats that I posted on this site. So, we removed the bat wings, eyes, and ears and re-painted them brown. Add a few feathers and a head and now you have a festive Thanksgiving decoration.

Approximate Time:

Instructions:

1. Paint mini pumpkins brown and allow to dry.
  2. Make feathers using colored paper such as cardstock, construction, or foam. You could also use colored craft feathers. Attach a tootpick to the back of each feather with tape.
  3. Insert toothpicks into pumpkin to resemble turkey feathers.
  4. Ad

5. Create a head for the turkey with a colored pom pom or wooden bead. Glue on a triangular beak cut from the colored paper. Glue on a snood cut out from the colored paper.
  6. Glue the head to the stem of the pumpkin. If your pumpkin is missing the stem, just attach it with a toothpick instead.

By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

By ms carmen (Guest Post)

I have to admit,when I first read this at 6:30AM. I had a true LOL moment. But when I read how you made the change to the turkey, I really give you credit for creativity! You did a great job!