Making a 3D Funny Turkey Card
This cute 3-D turkey suggests that you consider a pizza for your Thanksgiving meal instead of him. Learn how to make this card following the instructions found on this page. You will need cardstock, craft paper, and fancy edge cutting scissors.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This card features a beautiful yet super worried turkey who does not want to be eaten for Thanksgiving. He's thinking you should order a pizza instead! You can turn this into a folding greeting card if you like. Just double the width of the card base and fold it in half.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 card
- 1 sheet white card stock
- craft paper (red, orange, yellow, green, and brown)
- cloud-edged scissors
- Cut out your white card base. I cut the edges with a large cloud edged pair of scissors.
- Cut strips of the red, orange, and yellow craft paper. Short, medium, and long.
- Add a bit of glue to one end then bend into a teardrop shape. Stick ends together.
- Repeat with another strip that's longer and a different colour, then glue around it.
- Do the same with another longer strip.
- Now make a few more of these sets. This is the turkey's tail feathers.
- To make the turkey body, neck and face, cut out a peanut style shape from the brown paper.
- Cut out a small orange triangle for its beak, and punch out 2 white circles for the eyes. Draw 2 black pupils onto the eyes. Glue all this onto the face.
- Cut out a small squiggly shape from the red paper. I used a mini cloud edged pair of scissors.
- Glue the tail feathers down near the bottom of the card.
- Glue the turkey body onto the tail feathers. Punch out 2 green circles from the green paper. Cut out a cloud shape from the green paper. This will be the turkey's thought bubble.
- Write "Order a Pizza" onto the thought bubble with your pen.
- Glue the thought over the turkey's head.