Making a Book Purse

Category Purses
The hardcover of an old, discarded book can be used to make a unique purse. This is a page about making a book purse.

I saw instructions on how to make a handbag out of an old book cover on the net - which intrigues me. You just cut off the cover and then it's lined, fabric sides added and put on a handle! I would line it with contact paper - to make it more resistant to stains, etc. And use a chain to make it a shoulder purse! You could also make other interesting boxes, etc. from the covers. Some of the old ones are so nice, I have bought them just for the covers! A funky evening purse? Thought I would share the idea.

By Pamphyila from L.A., CA

Crafts Recycled Crafts PursesMarch 28, 2013
📓
🌻
🐛
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Book-Purse.html