Making a Butterfly Graduation Gum Wrapped Lei
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
June 14, 2018
Make a personalized lei for someone special graduating! Use their favorite candy, gum, snacks, and add some cute butterfly accents.
- paper or money
- cellophone paper
- gum or candy
- You can use money/bills, or paper. If you are using paper like I did - trace a bill and cut out paper the same size. You will need 2 paper cut outs per butterfly.
- To make the wings of the butterfly - fold the length down in half. Open up and fold each corner.
- Now with the paper length wise, fold accordion style. Flip over, spread out the wings, and pinch the center. Your wings are now complete.
- For the base of the butterfly, fold accordion style beginning on the narrow end.
- Repeat steps until you have your desired number of butterflies. Ready to assemble your butterfly and secure with string.
- Lay gum on cellophane paper and cut leaving enough room to fold, wrapping the gum twice.
- Tie a string about every 2 inches.
- I made two strands and then connected then together with string. Cut off the extra string.
- Ready to secure the butterflies with string.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.