Making a Mini Pumpkin Planter
These planters are the perfect way to bring some color to your holiday table setting. This is a page about making a mini pumpkin planter
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Fall is coming and pumpkins are everywhere. These mini pumpkin planters are the perfect way to bring some color to your holiday table setting.
- small pie pumpkin
- winter pansies
- pumpkin knife
- potting soil
- Cut the top off the pumpkin using a pumpkin knife. Remove the lid.
- Use a spoon to scrape out the inside of the pumpkin.
- Add soil to the pumpkin, leaving room to plant the flowers.
- Put the flowers into the pumpkin, adding additional soil if necessary.
- Water lightly to keep the plants healthy. Try to avoid adding excess water. Enjoy!
November 17, 20140 found this helpful
Love it! I'll have to remember this project for next fall.
October 4, 20150 found this helpful
It is very sweet but I pocked holes in mine for drainage! To keep it from being a water bowl. or just a shot glass of water.
July 12, 20181 found this helpful
I purchased an artificial pumpkin from Michaels, no need to remove the seeds and I also placed a hole in the bottom.