Making a No-Sew Pot O' Gold Wind Catcher
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
March 11, 2014
This easy to make decoration is great for both indoors and outdoors.
- black felt
- yellow felt
- yellow buttons
- ribbon (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple)
- white colored pencil
- fishing line
- sewing needle
- hot glue
- pot o' gold template
Download[/downloads/st-patricks-wind-catcher-template.pdf]false the pot o' gold template.
- Trace two sets of felt pieces using the template. Then cut them out. NOTE: Be sure to flip the template pieces over for one set, so that the pieces will line up when attached back to back.
- Cut the ribbons all the same length and melt the ends with a lighter, if necessary.
- Lay the ribbons out side by side onto a piece of tape. Then place another piece of tape on top. This will help keep all of the ribbons in place while you glue them down.
- Glue the ribbons to the back of one of the felt pots.
- Run glue around the edge of the pot and adhere the other pot to it, backs together.
- Now attach the small pot pieces and the gold pieces.
- Glue the buttons onto the gold area, to add some dimension.
- Using a sewing needle, run a piece of fishing line through the top of the wind catcher. Cut it to the desired length and tie the ends together.
This video shows you how to make a simple wind catcher for St. Paddy's Day.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.