Making a Paper Strip Turtle
There are days when you need a couple of simple, but fun crafts for the kids. This is a guide about making a paper strip turtle
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here's a great rainy day or "I'm bored!" project for your kids.
Crafting Time: about 30 minutes
- 1 x 4 inch strip of cardboard
- green card stock or construction paper
- cellophane tape
- craft glue
- wiggle eyes
- black marker or ink pen
- Cover your 1 x 4 inch cardboard strip with green card stock or construction paper.
- Measure and cut a 1 x 9 inch strip of green paper. Tape one end of this strip to the bottom of one end of the cardboard strip. Loop the paper strip up over the cardboard strip and tape the other end of the paper strip to the bottom of the other end of the cardboard strip. Your shape will look like a capital D lying on its back.
- Cut a smaller green paper strip, about 1 x 3 inches, and glue it into a loop for the turtle's head. Glue the head to one side of the D. Glue on wiggle eyes and draw on two dots for the nostrils and a little smile for the mouth. If you don't have wiggle eyes, you can draw eyes on with a marker.
- Draw and cut a small green triangle for the tail. Glue this to the bottom of the cardboard strip at the back of the turtle.
- Draw and cut green turtle feet and glue these to the bottom of the turtle.
By Marie from West Dundee, ILRead 3 Comments
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 12, 2017 at 11:04:15 PM on 10.0.1.108 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us