Making a Playing Card Handbag

Category Purses
Making a handbag is a great way to use some old cards that can't be used for playing. This is a guide about making a playing card handbag.

Rebecca Lanham0 found this helpful

Everyone has them - cards that are no longer a full deck, but you hate to throw them away! They are lying in a drawer somewhere taking up space. Now you can make them into a stylish, eye-catching accessory for most casual occasions.

Instructions:

1. Take the duct tape and make a large sheet out of it. Lay a piece sticky side down on a flat surface and continue to lay down a piece at a time, overlapping the previous piece just a bit. (Dimensions should be 11 card widths wide X 7 card lengths high.)
  2. Pull the duct tape sheet up off the flat surface and lay it sticky side up.
  3. Horizontally, in the middle, place 11 cards across the duct tape sheet. (Make sure the picture facing up is what you want to show.)
  4. Ad

5. Lay 3 rows of 7 cards above and below the center line of cards, in the middle of the sheet.
  6. Cut off the excess tape around the outside of the cards.
  7. Cover the entire pattern with clear packing tape.
  8. Cut out a handbag shape on both of the sides, including a handle.
  9. Fold the sides up and attach along the edges with very thin strips of clear packing tape.
  10. Reinforce the seams inside of the purse with duct tape.

You can make this craft with any type of cards! I used an old Phase 10 game that cards are missing from. You can use UNO cards, regular playing cards, or miniaturize the entire handbag for kids using a mini deck of cards.

This craft is rather difficult and time consuming. It would work wonderfully as a project for a crafters workshop.

Top Comment

Hey I really like this! Using the clear packing tape on top is a fantastic idea! I bet it's easier to apply it and sturdier in the long run (rather than) contact paper or something like that. Thank you so very much for posting.

By IMAQT1962 (Guest Post)

I LOVE IT. THANKS FOR SHARING

thanks for the great idea, I cannot wait to try it. I love making things like that