Making a Recycled Jar Lid Statement Pendant
Take a recycled metal jar lid and use it as a framework for a stunning collage of glass beads or other craft items. These statement pendants can be made with all sorts of recycled bits and can be customized to match any personality.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love making useful things with what would otherwise be garbage, thus the jar lid. I also love large statement pendants, thus the beads. Each one will be unique!
Total Time: Under 1 hour
- clean, dry, jar lid
- broken shells, pendants, beads, etc.
- glue gun
- jewelry glue
- metal loop for attaching a jump ring
- jump ring
- Cut a length of ribbon and glue to the center of the inside of your lid with hot glue. Trace the sides with a pen, trim and glue. You are placing ribbon in the background so that any uncovered spots will still be attractive.
- Using broken shells, beads, pendants, or any sparkly buttons or bits, arrange these and carefully glue in place using jewelry glue. Glue your large pieces first, fill in the gaps with your tiny pieces. This part took quite awhile actually, you want it to look just right!:) **Let dry overnight**
- You will want to glue a metal loop to the back, then attach a jump ring. Put on a necklace and enjoy!