Making a Recycled Tire Desert Garden
Recycled tires, painted or unpainted, can be used to make a garden decoration to contain your plants or shrubs. This is a guide about making a recycled tire desert garden
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My dog Bashful and I took a little El Paso hike and found/adopted a tire for my cactus. It was a fun recycle art/craft project/activity. Using one less tire dumped in nature we turned it into something cute for the garden. At least we think so! ;)
Total Time: 1 hr
- 1 tire ($free)
- 1 garden hose
- 1 dishwashing soap
- 1 blower
- 1 newspaper or rags to protect the surface you are working on ($free)
- 1 spray paint ($1- $6)
- 1 pot with plant or cactus
- Find a tire (discarded or from tire shop for free).
- Clean up with soap and water.
- Use a blower to blow off debris and dry.
- Lay out newspaper.
- Paint using spray paint.
- Place a pretty plant, cactus, etc. inside.
- Enjoy your art and recycling contribution
Invite your family and friends to see!