Making a Thanksgiving Turkey Veggie Tray
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
November 13, 2019
Veggies and dip are a common food item for annual Thanksgiving spreads. Why not spruce it up by making it look like a turkey? This veggie tray is super cute and very easy to put together. I used hummus as the dip here, but you can use any kind you like!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 veggie tray
- 1 large plate
- 4 ounces raw sugar snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- small dipping bowl
- 14 baby carrots
- 10 cucumber slices
- 10 ounces hummus or dip
- sharp knife
- Clean and dry all the veggies. Place the snap peas around the edge of the plate, fanning them out. Leave the very bottom clear.
- Cut off the bottom of the red bell paper and set aside. This will be used at the end for the turkey's face.
- Slice the peppers into thin strips. Remove all the little seeds, but set a couple aside to use as the turkey's eyes.
- Make a ring of the pepper strips on top of the snap peas, alternating the red and the yellow.
- Place the small dipping bowl in the lower middle area of the plate. Now fan carrots above it. The bowl will stop the carrots from sliding away.
- Lay the cucumber slices out between the bowl and the carrots.
- Scoop your dip into the little bowl.
- Cut off a little disc out from the center of one of the baby carrots. Cut a little divot out so it looks like a beak. Now carve 2 carrots into little turkey feet.
- Place the reserved bottom end of the red pepper on the top section of the hummus, then plop on the beak, using a bit of hummus as the glue. Place the turkey feet at the bottom of the bowl of hummus, coming out the side.
- To make eyes, add 2 bell pepper seeds onto the face above the beak, using the tiniest bit of hummus as glue.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.