SewingCrafts

Making a Wedding Gown Bodice

It looks like a drop waist, but on the hanger it looks nowhere near drop waist. I guess my question is, where would the bodice end? Below, or above the belly button, etc? I'm making a wedding gown, and this is the bodice length/style I would like. I am a newbie to sewing. Thank you!

The skirt of the drop waist dress sits on the hip, not the waist. The picture you sent looks like the dress is right.

So, this is a drop-waist? Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Thank you.

I have never heard of wedding gown bodice term before. I looked it up on the internet and according to the website it says:

"The bodice is the upper part of a wedding gown that sits around the ribcage and connects the neckline, bust and waistline. The fit of the bodice is the most crucial one, because it is the focal point of the wedding and while the lower part has normally a looser or more generous wider style.

The style and shape varies and is subject to your body shape, body features, style preference, age, chosen them of the wedding and formality of the wedding."

Reference:
www.joyofclothes.com/.../what-are-wedding-dress-bodices

It sits on the hip. It seems right.

Yes, I thought so too. Thank you.

I may be reading this incorrectly but is this the dress you are making or is this a photograph of one you like and a style you are trying to copy?
As a general rule (and I would think especially for a wedding dress) a dropped waist (one that sits on the hip line or approximately at the belly-button) should only be used when you are trying to accentuate the waist - which should be very trim and a hip line of reduced size. This style is generally accepted to be one "sexy" style so is that what you are aiming for?

What a dress looks like on a hanger generally does not give a good idea of what it will look like on someone so you will need to go by actual measurements only.

This is just the bodice length I would like on a tulle ball gown that I am making. I don't like long or short bodices, so this one was perfect to me. Thank you.

Sounds like you have a good idea of how you want your dress to look and fit so I hope you will not have any problems making it. Being a newbie may be the best as you will probably pay more attention to every detail and make something you can adapt to using again - after the big day.
Wishing you much happiness and many wonderful days ahead.