Making an Orange Candle
Here's a super easy way to make a candle out of an orange. It's quick to make, looks cute, and you can eat the scraps! ;)
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 candle
- cutting board
- olive oil
- cookie cutter *optional
- Cut the orange skin on your cutting board but only as far as the flesh. Don't cut into the orange flesh.
- Push your finger under the skin of the orange and peel the skin, separating it from the orange without tearing.
- When removing the flesh, a white stem part should remain. Leave this alone so it's stuck on the peel. It will act as your candle wick.
- Take your knife or mini cookie cutter and cut any shape you desire into the other half the of the orange peel (the side without the wick).
- Pour a few tablespoons of oil to cover the wick and allow it to soak for a few minutes.
- Light the orange's stem with a lighter. You will probably have to hold the fire there for a few moments for it to catch on the orange stem.
- Put the top half of the orange with the design on to the lit half to complete your candle. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!