Making an Orange Candle
You can make a neat little candle out of an orange peel. This is a guide about making an orange candle.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here's a super easy way to make a candle out of an orange. It's quick to make, looks cute, and you can eat the scraps! ;)
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 candle
- cutting board
- olive oil
- cookie cutter *optional
- Cut the orange skin on your cutting board but only as far as the flesh. Don't cut into the orange flesh.
- Push your finger under the skin of the orange and peel the skin, separating it from the orange without tearing.
- When removing the flesh, a white stem part should remain. Leave this alone so it's stuck on the peel. It will act as your candle wick.
- Take your knife or mini cookie cutter and cut any shape you desire into the other half the of the orange peel (the side without the wick).
- Pour a few tablespoons of oil to cover the wick and allow it to soak for a few minutes.
- Light the orange's stem with a lighter. You will probably have to hold the fire there for a few moments for it to catch on the orange stem.
- Put the top half of the orange with the design on to the lit half to complete your candle. Enjoy!