Silver Post Medal for All Time! 254 Posts
This is a recipe for playdoh that doesn't need to be cooked. It is super easy to throw together. I couldn't find any cream of tartar here in Vietnam, which is needed in playdoh recipes that are cooked. I found this recipe for playdoh that doesn't need to be cooked nor does it need cream of tartar. We had a great time making it as well as playing with it.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup warm water
- food coloring
When we made this, we divided the ingredients into 4. I don't think this step is necessary, because you can add the food coloring to the dough after it is made. Either way works but upon making the play dough a second time, I preferred adding the color after.
- Add 1/4 cup of water into four separate bowls. Choose the four colors you would like to make. Then in each bowl, add about 5 drops of food coloring and 1/2 Tbsp of oil. Stir.
- In a large bowl, mix together the salt and flour. Then put 1 cup of this mixture into each bowl.
- Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Knead it some in the bowl. If it feels too dry, add a little more water.
- Then, on a floured surface, knead the dough. If after kneading, the dough still feels sticky, knead in a little more flour. The dough should be soft.
- Now let your imagination soar. Have fun!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.