Not Country Bumpkin - Country Pumpkin!

My next little Dollar Tree pumpkin is decorated with seam bindings from an old curtain, and more faux leaves.

Total Time: 1 Hour

Yield: 1

• Dollar Tree foam pumpkin ($1.00)
  • 64 in binding edge from old curtain
  • hot glue
  • 24 straight pins
  • 15 faux leaves ($.20)
  • scissors

1. With the curtain binding close, I trimmed it off and cut it into 6-7" pieces. With the hot glue gun, I secured them onto the top and bottom.
  2. You no doubt notice that I had felt tip markings on this one. I tried to make it like some I have seen on Pinterest, where the pumpkin is white and the drawings are black. But as you can also see, the grooves didn't turn out the right "math match" and I couldn't do it. So I simply turned it upside down and covered over the markings with the fabric strips and knew the leaves would do the rest.
  3. I continued to cover the lines with the fabric binding till all the major ones are done.
  4. Because the faux leaves are thin, I unplugged the hot glue gun and switched to straight pins. Pinning them on takes so little time, and isn't as easy to get burned.
  5. I put 5 around the area furthest from the center. Then did that again closer to the center. It didn't take more than 3 rows. I put the stem back on and it was done. N-JOY!!
Crafts AutumnNovember 11, 2020
🎄
🍂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Not-Country-Bumpkin-Country-Pumpkin-1.html