Not Country Bumpkin - Country Pumpkin!
My next little Dollar Tree pumpkin is decorated with seam bindings from an old curtain, and more faux leaves.
Total Time: 1 Hour
- Dollar Tree foam pumpkin ($1.00)
- 64 in binding edge from old curtain
- hot glue
- 24 straight pins
- 15 faux leaves ($.20)
- With the curtain binding close, I trimmed it off and cut it into 6-7" pieces. With the hot glue gun, I secured them onto the top and bottom.
- You no doubt notice that I had felt tip markings on this one. I tried to make it like some I have seen on Pinterest, where the pumpkin is white and the drawings are black. But as you can also see, the grooves didn't turn out the right "math match" and I couldn't do it. So I simply turned it upside down and covered over the markings with the fabric strips and knew the leaves would do the rest.
- I continued to cover the lines with the fabric binding till all the major ones are done.
- Because the faux leaves are thin, I unplugged the hot glue gun and switched to straight pins. Pinning them on takes so little time, and isn't as easy to get burned.
- I put 5 around the area furthest from the center. Then did that again closer to the center. It didn't take more than 3 rows. I put the stem back on and it was done. N-JOY!!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.