Paper Plate Dream Catcher
Dream catchers make beautiful decorations, but are difficult for children to make. However this paper plate version is much easier and makes for a lot of colourful fun.
- 1 paper plate
- 1 hole punch
- coloured feathers
- pretty ribbons, braids, cords, and yarn
- stickers and embellishments
- beads with large holes
- Cut the middle out of the plate. This is easiest done by first piercing the centre and cutting from there.
- Punch holes at the sides and bottom to hang the feathers from, one at the top to hang your dreamcatcher and further holes around the centre for threading ribbons and cords.
- Begin weaving and crisscrossing across the centre.
- Secure the ends with a knot and catch a feather in as you do.
- Continue adding more cord, ribbon, and feathers. Once you are happy with your design, decorate the edges with stickers and embellishments.
- For the hanging feathers, thread an even number of beads onto a long cord.
- Glue a feather onto each end.
- Divide the beads in half and drop them to the feathered ends.
- Fold the cord in half and attach to the dreamcatcher by looping through the hole.
- Repeat for all the holes you have made.
- Attach a cord to the top hole.
- No, little pussycat, you can't play with it!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!