Personalized Turtle Wall Art
Think about using a piece of your child's art to make a bit of wall art. Here we see a painting transformed into a personalized turtle wall art piece.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My daughter loves making art especially with her dot markers. I was able to repurpose her beautiful artwork into this personalized turtle as wall art.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- dot marker
- construction paper
- googly eyes
- pipe cleaner
- glue stick
- Find a piece of artwork of your child's that you want to customize into an animal of your choice. I thought this painting would be nice as a turtle.
- With green construction paper - cut out turtle legs, a tail, and face.
- Cut out the artwork in a circle to resemble the shell. Position the body parts. Glue the face, tail, and legs on to the backside of the shell to resemble a turtle.
- Glue on eyes.
- Optional - to make this turtle more personalized you can make a name bracelet (pipe cleaner with beads.)
- Secure the name tag onto the turtle.
- Make a hook with a pipe cleaner and tape it on to the back of the shell. This will be your hook to hang on the wall.
Kids love to create artworks using their handprint as the basis. The steps and photos found on this page will help you to create a handprint turtle framed art project with your child.