Potty Training an Adult Dog

We have 3 Cockapoos, Henry is almost 6, Libby is almost 5, and Bruce is almost 2. He is one of Libby's puppies. We have had "accidents" in the house multiple times by Libby and Bruce. We had all the dogs fixed to help solve this problem, but are still having this problem.

For example, last night I took them all outside and left to pick up my daughter's friends. Then when I came back an hour later I let them outside again. Then my husband came home about an hour later and found poo in our hallway.

Libby was hiding in Bruce's kennel. We leave them in a large laundry room with only Bruce kenneled because of his chewing problem, but they never have accidents while we are gone. We would really love new carpet, but don't want to get it if the dogs are going to continue to go to the bathroom inside. Please help we are desperate.

By Deanna from Pleasant Valley, IA