South Africa Frugal Travel Guide

Category Africa
This scenic country contains many beautiful parks and wildlife reserves.This page includes photos and information about travel in South Africa.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

During our summer break, we went to Montecasino Bird Gardens. At the entrance, we could buy a little bowl of nectar, and then walk through several aviaries.

In one of the aviaries we came across beautiful lorikeets. This little fellow was very cheeky. When we didn't hand over the nectar quick enough to his liking, he tried to bite my friend's finger, and then settled down to help himself to the nectar.

By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng

A lorikeet at the Montecasino Bird Gardens, South Africa.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 16

It is our summer break here in South Africa, and we visited "Mystic Monkeys and Feathers", a small zoo next to Tsukudu Lodge. The zoo has all kinds of exotic monkeys and birds on display, but the highlight was the three small lion cubs. We were able to go into their cage, pick them up, and play with them. They reminded me of little teddy bears, oh, so cuddly. It is hard to think of them as the King of the Jungle when they are so small!

By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng

Lion cub.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

I took this photo of the three Hermann's tortoises during a visit to the Monte Casino Bird Park.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

I took this photo one late afternoon from our backyard porch. We stay close to the mountains, and we always have sunsets that makes one appreciate nature at its best.

A gorgeous sunset in Pretoria, South Africa

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

I took my mom for tea today. We again went to the Austin Roberts Bird Sanctuary, as it is very peaceful to sit next to the waterside. We had a lovely time. It is always good to make time to bond with your mom again!

Red trees reflected in calm pond

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

On a recent weekend break, we went to the Garden of Eden in Knysna. Walking though this forest and seeing these age-old trees just made me realize again how insignificant we are as humans.

come.

Moss covered tree in South Africa.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Finally, after a particularly harsh winter, spring is in the air! We went to the Safari Garden Centre today to buy some seeds in preparation for our summer garden. What a total bliss to see some color again.

Closeup of Large Purple Spring Flower

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

I took this photo in April 2015. We went on a sunset cruise across the lake in Knysna,. Knysna was one of the places on my bucket list ~ it is known as the "Jewel of the Garden Route" ~ and during that holiday in 2015, I finally got to see Knysna in person.

Sunset Over Knysna South Africa

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

Never before had our clivas grown with such abundance! Our garden was showered in huge patches of orange. The clivias in this photo grew beneath our huge pine tree and it was such a blessing every morning to walk past this beautiful sight on the way to work.

bright orange flowers under a pine tree

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Travel and Recreation Travel Guides AfricaSeptember 23, 2013
📓
😎
🐛
🌻
😷
Generated 2020-07-24 01:12:56 in 993 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Pretoria-South-Africa-Frugal-Travel-Guide.html