Recycled Domino Pin
This unique recycled pin was made with postage stamps and a domino tile. This is a page about making a recycled domino pin.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use your imagination and leftover scraps from other craft projects to create one-of-a-kind pins for yourself or for inexpensive gifts. This pin was created using a domino, canceled postage stamps, a tiny button, and gold embroidery thread.
Approximate Time: About 1 hour
- canceled postage stamps
- tiny button
- gold embroidery thread
- acrylic sealer (or Mod Podge)
- pin back
- craft glue
- small paint brush
- gold acrylic paint
- Place stamps on domino, overlapping them some, until you are pleased with the placement. Carefully lift each one and glue in place.
- Cut several pieces of gold thread about 1 1/2 inches long, and glue in place around one end of the domino. Glue a tiny button on top of the threads near the corner of the domino.
- Paint outer edges of domino gold.
- Using a small paint brush, apply a coat of acrylic sealer to top of domino and allow to dry. You can apply additional coats, if desired, but allow time to dry between each coat.
- When completely dry, turn domino over and glue on a pin back.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
June 23, 20100 found this helpful
Clever use of recycled items.