Remember Passwords Easily

Choose a category that interests you; Premier League Footballers, Wild Flowers or whatever. Find a name for all of the more commonly used letters of the alphabet (Iris for I, Jasmine for J, etc). Your password for any given site will be the name that starts with the same initial letter, plus whatever combination of numbers or other characters you select.

I have moved to this method since starting to do online surveys, and it makes it so easy to remember what my password is. If you do need a written key to the names that you picked, though - please don't store it on your desktop!

I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting. If I pick "I" for iris, what follows that?

Karen, she did not completely explain her system. As I understand, you pick a name for every letter. Let's say you have an American Express card. So that starts with A, and for A the name you picked was Adam. What comes after that is up to you, and she did not give us much info or suggestions. I guess you could use your imagination, and set a password such as "AdamIsTall&Smart". I hope the author will see these posts and clarify.

I couldn't find how to edit my feedback once it was posted. The choice of "Adam" would perhaps be from the category of "biblical names." If you wanted to stick to the "flowers" category, your PW might start with "Amaryllis" or "Aster".

This is a pretty complicated method, although better than the nonsense combos that many sites want you to use. Me - I use the yellow sticky note stuck by the printer method. Perhaps not that secure, but at least I can log onto all the sites. LOL