Removing Baby Formula Stains

I was just given a bunch of baby clothes. Some of them are stained with formula and a few have mildew stains. Any suggestion on how to remove the stains?

By duckie43 from Tell City, IN

Answers:

Removing Baby Formula Stains

My BABY is now 36 years old. I was getting out old formula stains in baby clothes I bought for him at garage sales way back then! You need BIZ ( it's an "enzyme" cleaner, not a detergent!) and some non chlorine bleach (like Clorox II). I would take my plastic bucket (3 gal. ?) and dump in about 1/2 cup of BIZ and 1/2 cup dry, non chlorine bleach. Pour in about 1 gallon of the hottest water you have and stir the granules around until they have dissolved. Then add cold water until the bucket is about 2/3rds full. Then submerge the stained clothes in the water. I left some in the mixture for 5 days before all the stains came out, but they all DID come out stain free. I would check them every day and stir them around. I do think the new "Oxy-Clean" products that we have available today would probably be helpful too.

I still use a BIZ and Clorox II "soak" in my washer about every two months just to keep my pastel and white tee-shirts very bright and clean. (06/16/2009)

By Grandma Margie