Removing Milk Odors on Carpet

Category Carpet
A persistent sour smell will linger when milk is spilled on auto or home carpet, if not cleaned up promptly. This guide is about removing milk odors on carpet.

What can I use to get the smell of dog milk out of my carpet? My dog had pups and leaked milk.

By Tammy

Answers

I would rent a commercial carpet shampooer and use it with the pet enzyme cleaner. After its cleaned, spritz vinegar around the area.

Mary Hunt always recommends Nok-Out, a product which permanently removes odors. You can get it on Amazon.

Milk was spilled in an unused bedroom and went unnoticed for several days. I have cleaned the area several times with my carpet cleaning machine which cleans other areas very well. I've aired out the room for days at a time, but am unable to remove the odor. It's too costly for us to replace the carpet at this time and would appreciate tips from my Thriftyfun neighbors.

By Granny2889 from near Charlotte, NC

Answers

Have you tried letting it dry completely and sprinkling baking soda liberally? Rub it in good and let it sit for a couple of days. I would try that first and then if that doesn't work clean the area with vinegar. :) Good luck.

I would try soaking it in straight white vinegar, let it dry.