Removing Paint From Dresser?

Several years ago I painted my teenage daughter's dresser black. She never forgave me because underneath that black was a dresser full of "writing"and "doodles" by her and her friends.

Now, she is turning 21 and I want to surprise her with the original dresser with the "writing" and "doodles" intact. I'm pretty sure the dresser is just a natural oak... maybe pine. Any suggestions before I get out a razor and start trying to lift the paint off?

By Lisa P.

I would think that using a razor will ruin the dresser. I don't have a lot of experience with paint removal, but I know that people who do remove paint use the proper products that you get at a hardware store. They do not use a razor. Sanding also removes paint, but you don't do that on furniture that you are refinishing unless you don't care about the surface underneath.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureFebruary 12, 2014
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Paint-From-Dresser.html