HotSandwiches

Roasted Veggie Melt Sandwich

Vote for this contest contender!

I love patty melt sandwiches, but sometimes I just crave a bunch of veggies in my sandwich instead. This is an easy, hot and melty sandwich to make, and great for when you've got to get rid of some odds-and-ends veggies sitting around. You can replace any of these vegetables with whatever you happen to have on hand. I used my toaster oven to roast these veggies.

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 1 sandwich

1. Preheat your oven to 400 F. Lay eggplant, onion, and peppers on a greased baking sheet. Brush tops with a bit of olive oil and bake for 3 minutes.
  2. Flip veggies over and bake for about 10 minutes, until browned.
  3. Place cheese, roasted vegetables, tomato, and avocado on a slice of bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place top with other bread slice
  4. Add a bit of olive oil to a pan over low heat. Add sandwich to pan and cook a couple minutes until bottom is browned, a couple minutes. Brush the top bread with a bit of olive oil and flip the sandwich over. Cook until bread is crispy and cheese is melted.