Rose Bowl Holiday Decor
June 2, 2012
Don't throw those rose bowl glass containers away. I painted mine with acrylics and sprayed 3 coats of varnish. You can fill it with candies or use either a fake light or a real candle.
Approximate Time: 2-3 hours including drying time
- many acrylic paint colors
- paint brushes
- sponges cut into shapes
- black permanent skinny Sharpie
- spray varnish
- fake candles or real
- Wash the rose bowl container with soap and water. Dry very well.
- Sponge on your main color. Let dry - 15 minutes.
- Cut sponge shapes for eyes, etc. Sponge on the eye color, etc. and let dry.
- Spray with clear varnish very lightly for the first layer. Let dry.
- Spray the next two varnish layers with drying time in between.
- Outline all features with the Sharpie marker.
- You are done. You can fill with candy or a tea light.
You can do one for every season. Enjoy!
By lnygaard from Billings, MT
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.