Rose Bowl Holiday Decor
These bubble or globe shaped glass containers are great for painting to use as decor for any holiday. Fill with candy or a battery operated tea light. Try your hand at one today.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Don't throw those rose bowl glass containers away. I painted mine with acrylics and sprayed 3 coats of varnish. You can fill it with candies or use either a fake light or a real candle.
Approximate Time: 2-3 hours including drying time
- many acrylic paint colors
- paint brushes
- sponges cut into shapes
- black permanent skinny Sharpie
- spray varnish
- fake candles or real
- Wash the rose bowl container with soap and water. Dry very well.
- Sponge on your main color. Let dry - 15 minutes.
- Cut sponge shapes for eyes, etc. Sponge on the eye color, etc. and let dry.
- Spray with clear varnish very lightly for the first layer. Let dry.
- Spray the next two varnish layers with drying time in between.
- Outline all features with the Sharpie marker.
- You are done. You can fill with candy or a tea light.
You can do one for every season. Enjoy!
By lnygaard from Billings, MT
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.