Rust Stains on Clothing

How can I remove rust stains from clothing?

Yvonne from Indiana

Answers:

Rust Stains on Clothing

There is a product, sorry I can not remember the name, it is an additive for use in water conditioners. Maybe call one of those places and I think they can help. You can buy a small bottle of it at Lowe's, or any of those type of places. It is very pungent and strong. I suggest you use a little in a bucket with water and soak your garment, the rust will come out. I found it safe for most normal clothing items. (07/14/2007)

Rust Stains on Clothing

Yellow Out. Super product, works on all yellow stains, including over bleached whites. Try it if the lemon juice solution doesn't do the trick. Good Luck. (07/14/2007)

By hedera

Rust Stains on Clothing

Use barkeepers friend. It comes in a container like comet and removes rust from anything.
(07/14/2007)

By Paula

Rust Stains on Clothing

I use a product called Blink Rust Remover. It literally dissolves rust before your eyes. It just disappears. My husband told me I was easily amused when I came up from the laundry room to tell him all about this product. I think it's called Blink because if you blink you miss watching its action, LOL. I bought it at my local grocery chain. It was $5 for a nice sized bottle. It's in the laundry aisle. Try it, you will be very pleased!

(07/14/2007)

By Sandy

Rust Stains on Clothing

The "Queen of Clean" says to use Citric Acid to remove rust. You can get it in the grocery store. It's for adding to food or candy to make it tart. She recommends a Lemonade mix (like Crystal Light or Kool-aid) because it's easy to find & has Citric Acid in it. But, me? I'd worry about the food dye from the lemonade staining my fabric. But, she says that Lemonade mix is supposed to work well to clean rust stains in the toilet, on cement floors, driveways, and around the house. She also recommends "Zud" rust remover (from the hardware stores).

Whenever I get an organic stain, the first thing I try is Peroxide. It can work wonders, especially on coffee, chocolate milk, and grape juice. (07/14/2007)

By Cyinda

Rust Stains on Clothing

Rust Stain Magic from the laundry area at grocery stores. It comes in a rust colored plastic bottle. It works only on white clothing though. Good luck. God bless and help you. : )
(07/15/2007)

By Lynda