Save on Kitchen Paper

I use a cheap toilet roll instead. It's very absorbent for mopping up grease, and will not scratch like kitchen paper. It costs 20p where kitchen roll costs about £1, and lasts longer. You can't use it for big cleaning jobs, but using kitchen paper for these is very expensive anyway and the job is better done with a cloth.

Helen,

Funny, I thought I was the only one to do this. Well, I use to. Now, I've found something even cheaper. I don't know if there are Dollar Tree stores where you are. Here they sell a 160 count pack of large paper napkins for a dollar. They work really well. I like to wipe as much grease as I can from a pan before I put a soapy dish cloth in it. I try not to let any grease go down the drain.

We do have Poundstores here, similar to the Dollar stores. I'll look out for this deal! I wait until the fat hardens and scrape it out with a rubber spatula. If I'm being extra active, I'll use it to make bird cake with!