Savory Rice Balls Salad
November 18, 2019
Not an avid rice eater here. Although that's our most common food in the main course. Today I'm making it a star in my eyes by giving it a simple twist in the kitchen.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp meaty seasoning mix
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp preserved papaya (atchara)
- 2 cups water
- 1 large tomato
- 4 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger strips
- Mix flour, seasoning mix and 1/2 of the pepper.
- Pour 1/2 cup water and mix. Add more water if needed.
- Mix well until combined and consistency is achieved.
- Pour mixture in piping bag.
- Make small drops of ball in a spoon.
- Drop it in boiling water and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside to drain.
- Mix vinegar, atchara, onion, pepper and ginger. Place over medium heat.
- Add oyster sauce and brown sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Let simmer until thick.
- Meanwhile, slice tomatoes into thin rounds. Add into the rice balls.
- When vinegar mixture is thick. Remove from pan and pour into rice flour balls.
- Toss and serve!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.