LaundryCleaning

Smaller Bottles for Laundry Products Make Doing Laundry Easier

I have bad arthritis to the point where I can't lift anything heavy. Whatever it may be, it tends to fall right through my hands and ends up spilling or breaking on the floor. With trying to figure out an easier way to deal with heavy bottles of laundry detergent, I came up with this idea. I stopped at the Dollar Tree and picked up 3 different color liquid containers that have a snap on top (most likely used for liquid refreshments). I used one for bleach, one for softener, and the last for detergent. Then I made labels for them all and taped one on each bottle. The containers are much easier to deal with and use when doing laundry. No more dropping big heavy bottles of soap. This really has made my life easier.

One of the things you might do, Kim, is switch to powdered detergents and bleaches. i'm thinking that to fill your containers, you still have to pick up a heavy container to pour into the smaller containers. Powdered is lighter and into the case of powdered detergent, for instance, you need only to dip your cup into the powder.

After filling the bottles I don't have to fill them for quite awhile. It's easy to grab and pour. I prefer liquids and this system works best for me, so I thought I would share.

Yes I've done the same. Everything I can I transfer to smaller sizes.

Not only for size ,I can my size labels on them so I can see what is in the bottle or jar.