Southwest Fried Potatoes

I love potatoes! So adding just about anything to them can really make a difference from the plain fried potatoes. These spicy fried potatoes go great with scrambled eggs, or they're just a nice meal all by themselves. You can add more or less of everything too.

Prep Time: 10 min

Cook Time: 20 min

Total Time: 30 min max

Yield: 1-2

1. Chunky cut your semi-cooked potatoes. Chop up the cilantro. Quarter cut the tomato(s). Thick slice the onions.
  2. In a cast iron skillet, heat up your oil or butter and add your chunked potato pieces and onion slices.
  3. Now add your red pepper flakes, salt and garlic. Fresh garlic slices are the best, (I was out) so I used garlic powder which is okay too.
  4. When your potatoes and onions are cooked, put in your tomato quarters and cook those. Add the cilantro last and flip that around for a minute. It's done.

Hi Suz! I love potatoes too! And I especially love this kind of potatoes so much. You know what's funny, though? I never make them very good at all for some reason. So much so that when I ask Matt how he wants his breakfast potatoes, he says not to make them like this cos I still need to learn-- ha ha! And here come your directions! I'm trying this and I hope I do a good job! Thanks for sharing! Looks EXCELLENT!!! :)

Hi Attosa,

That is funny about the potatoes, because you're such a versatile cook, and these will be a cinch for you, and then you'll be hearing: When are you going to make these potatoes again? haha

I'm glad you're going to make them, and really, anything can go in them too :)