This is a classic Chinese dish.
- 8 oz. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 pinch dried red chillies ( to taste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. oil
- 3 oz. raw peanuts or blanched peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. chicken stock or water
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry or rice wine
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar or Chinese white rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, and add the pinch of dried red chillies. Next add the chicken cubes and peanuts, then stir-fry them for 1 minute. Remove the chicken, peanuts and chillies from the pan.
Put all the sauce ingredients, except for sesame oil, into the pan. Bring the sauce to the boil, and then turn the heat down. Return the chicken and peanuts to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes in the sauce. Add the sesame oil, and then serve immediately.
By Raymonde G. from North Bay, Ontario
March 26, 20090 found this helpful
I can't wait to try this, defrosting chicken breasts as I write. Thank you.