St. Patrick's Day Hat Centerpiece
March 10, 2008
This is a quick and easy craft project that is easy enough for an older child to do and with some adult help even a younger child should be able to complete this project. This would make a great centerpiece for your table or to decorate a hall table. You know on St. Patrick's Day everyone is Irish so pull out your best green table cloth and throw your self a great St. Patrick's Day celebration.
Time to Complete: 2 hours with dry time
- one small coffee can
- one piece of green felt cut to 5 1/4x13 inches
- two felt circles cut to 6 3/4 inches
- 1 cardboard circle cut to 6 3/4 inches
- gold metallic ribbon
- 1 package foamy shamrocks
- spray glue and regular glue
- white or yellow spring silk flowers (I used white lilac sprays, daffodils, white tulips and ivy) but any spring flowers will do.
- clear silicone caulk
- piece of floral foam for inside of can
- Cut out your felt pieces and spray can with spray glue and then with felt cover can.
- Spray cardboard circle with spray glue and then cover both sides of your cardboard circle with felt.
- With the silicone caulk glue coffee can to center of circle. The caulk will be dry enough to handle and finish your project in 2 hours, but you need to let in dry for at least 24 for a good tight seal.
- Take foamy stick on shamrocks and evenly spread them around your hat.
- Take your gold metallic ribbon and make a hat band.
- Place floral foam inside of can. Arrange your flowers inside of the can.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.