Strawberry-Peach Trifle

This trifle always looks like the beginning of spring to me! In my family we always make all sorts of different trifles, some being very interesting. They are fun to invent.

1. Start this recipe the day before putting it together. Make the cake according to package instruction. Make pudding as directed. Keeping everything cool in the refrigerator overnight.
  2. Ad

3. The next day, cut up the cake. I cut the cake down the middle both ways, again and again until you have 1 inch squares of cake.
  4. Rinse and dry strawberries. Save 6-8 whole for decorating the top. Quarter the rest.
  5. Start with a trifle bowl or a large crystal bowl. 1st layer, fill in the bottom with a good amount of cake.
  6. 2nd layer, about a 1/2 cup of pudding spread evenly.
  7. Ad

8. Next a layer of sliced peaches.
  9. Next a layer of whipped topping.
  10. Ad

11. Start over now, a layer of cake cubes, pudding, peaches, cool whip, strawberries. And a good amount of Cool Whip. You want to end with a beautiful peaked topping of fluffy topping.
  12. Take a few pieces of leftover cake cubes and crumble them into a bowl, and sprinkle the peaks with cake crumbs. Then decorate the top with whole strawberries with the point of the strawberry up! This dessert brightens any dessert table and disappears fast.
  13. Ad

That looks so good! Thumbs up

This is a real English dessert - it's delicious. Reminds me of my childhood!!

I used to make desserts similar to this, Yum Yum and Sawdust Salad, etc. Your delicious looking creation has inspired me to start again, this Summer. Your trifle will be first on the list.