Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado
This healthy food is easy and delicious! Use your toaster to toast thin slices of sweet potatoes and add avocado for a Vitamin A, fiber and antioxidant treat. A healthy food that feels decadent; the best of both worlds!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: one potato = two servings
Source: Glamour Magazine
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 avocado
- salt to taste
- lemon pepper seasoning or lemon juice and pepper if desired
- Using a clean sweet potato, slice off both ends.
- Slice potato into 1/4" thin slices lengthwise. I used a knife but if you have a mandolin that could slice 1/4" pieces. Consistent thickness helps them toast uniformly.
- Drop the slices into the toaster. You may want to make them short enough to fit totally in the toaster when you push it down so they can cook. Mine was longer but I used that to pull them out, and flip them each time they came back up.
- I put my toaster on the darkest setting for the longest time. I had to push them down about 4 times to get them to the point that I liked them.
- They will pop up and the sides will become golden brown.
- Cut an avocado in half and use a spoon to scoop out the half intact. Then I cut them into half moons.
- Place avocado on toasted sweet potato and sprinkle them with salt and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Serve and enjoy.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!