Thrifty Vertical Planter Wall

I was inspired by the beautiful succulent decor walls at my local malls and stores. I wanted my own mini version in my backyard. However, upon research I found that vertical planters are so expensive!

Here is my twist on how to make a vertical planter wall on a budget.

Total Time: A couple of days (planning/assembling)

1. Drill some holes in the bottoms of the planters for your plants to have drainage. I drilled three holes on each container.
  2. To put less soil/moss mixture, add a plastic bottle in the bottle of the container.
  3. Then, add your plant arrangements to each container.
  4. I had wire fence with mesh left over. This will need to be cut to your desired length depending on how many container arrangements you want to hang.
  5. Put cup hooks on your wood fence and then hang the wire fence with mesh.
  6. It will be trial and error to see how many containers you'd like to display.
  7. Now you are ready to hang your potted planters on the wire.

15mhhm,

That's brilliant, and it looks very nice! I really love the way you used the wire fencing to hold the pots for your vertical planter on
your fence.

I've not been able to plant much, which I'd like to, well, I did grow some grape tomatoes in a large terra cotta planter, but having a lot of "patio and decking" there's not a lot of room in a yard that's in track housing, but this vertical planter is sure the way to go.

You've solved my problem of "where to plant" anything!
Thank you for this wonderful tip 15mhhm15 :)