This simple leprechaun can be a cute addition to your table, place setting or in a centerpiece, or hide a few around the house and have the kids try to find him to claim a 'pot o gold' ;)
Total Time: 15 minutes
- green felt or paper
- orange felt or paper
- a cork or old small prescription cap
- tacky glue
- Just cut the felt out, as shown in the photo (rulers included for size approximation).
- One rectangle will cover the cork, glue that on first and let dry. You can wrap a rubber band around it if you feel you need to until it dries.
- The half circle is curled into the hat, let dry.
- The beard is just squiggly cut to look like a beard, and glued onto the covered cork.
- I just placed the hat on top of the cork when completed, but you can glue it on.
- Option: You may draw a clover on the bottom of the cork if you want to use it for a game with the kids. The winner is the one who finds the four leaf clover leprechaun!
I chose to display my leprechaun by a tiny vase of fresh pussywillows, but I can see him visiting any room in the house, kids' lunch boxes, etc., just for fun!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!