Troubleshooting a Car That is Overheating

Category Repair Advice

My '98 Buick Century started overheating. My husband put in a new water pump, new hoses, and a new thermostat. We thought it was fixed, but now it's losing water somewhere, not on the ground. Also, the heater isn't blowing hot air. And the "low coolant" light is on. Oh, and he also blew out the radiator and the heater core. Can someone please tell me what else could be wrong with it?

Thank you in advance!

By Jackie S

I've had that happen with Buicks I owned, and it turned out to be the heater core. Check the floor in front on the passenger side - if it's wet, that's where the antifreeze - water combination is going when the heater core leaks. It always seems to leak onto the floor on the front passenger side.